I hope everyone had a fun and delicious Thanksgiving. I love spending time with my family and eating ALL the food when I’m home for the holidays.
This year, I made a terrible gluten free pie, no seriously, it was terrible. But it’s ok because I also made this super yummy red pepper dip!
This dip is grandma approved… meaning my grandma liked it enough to eat it more than once to try it. Believe me, that’s saying a lot, she is my idol when it comes to cooking.
This dip is also gluten free, dairy free AND contains no FODMAPs! Yay!
Try it out for the holidays! It perfect to serve on crackers, spread it on seeded bread or slather it on toast with smoked salmon!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic olive oil (or regular and add 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- Slice the red peppers into halves, remove seeds and stems. Lay them skin side up on a baking sheet and roast them at 425 until they start to blister. It takes about 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool. Once they’re cool, peel off the skins.
- Place the cooled, skinless peppers in a food processor and process until they’re tiny pieces.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and keep processing until it’s all smooth and blended.
- If you had really juicy peppers you may find that it’s a little watery, if this happens just add some extra walnuts until it thickens.
- Put the dip in a bowl and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
That’s it! You can spread it all over your avocado toast for an easy but fancy looking breakfast or make cute appetizers with it!
Let me know if you try it by tagging me in your Instagram story or post!